Ahmed
4 min readNov 3, 2020

--

Day 2

Paths to home

T1 — Autobiography, T2 — My Vision, T3 — My New Venture

T1- It all began in the mid seventies when I was just a twinkle in my late fathers eye. I was the fifth born in a small village called Manubar, located in the district of Bharuch, in the state of Gujarat. The last born in India out of my siblings. My parents went on to have two more in the UK. A map below shows the location on the West Coast of India. According our friends at Wikipedia: Gujarat is a state with a coastline of 1,600 km, and a population of 60.4 million. It is the fifth-largest Indian state by area and the ninth-largest state by population. It’s scary that the UK today is around 67 Million and just the state alone houses 64 million.

It was probably then that my father made a brave decision to migrate, and I often think what would have happened had he not taken that major step and made a massive sacrifice to come over and settle, here in the UK. Having been blessed and having had the honour to visit many countries around the world. Just the language barrier alone would have been intense. Then the weather as he actually settled in Middleborough, North East of England. Which has harsh winters, I recollect him telling me stories of how he waded through snow which was knee deep, to go and get some milk.

I was only one when he migrated, and he called us over in three short years having established himself and learnt the ways of my new brethren. My parents worked hard and gave us everything they could. My big brothers, now in a foreign country, with the same difficulties that my father probably experienced. Really understood family values, and stepped in when ever needed to support them. While learning the language and ways of the British people. We settled in East London, the home of West Ham football club and Booby Moore. This would be the making of me and my passion for football.

Map of India — Highlighting the state of Gujarat

T2- Hopefully you all had a chance to review what does it look like to be in the day of you. The exercise of writing down what you do over 24 hours on a normal day, should help you understand where you might be able to make changes in your life. I appreciate not every day is the same and you are thrown curve balls on a daily basis. But we will overcome this and don’t set objections before you have started. Most people sleep between 5 and 8 hours, most people that work or study also tend to do this for 6 to 9 hours, most have to travel for at least 1 or 2 hours a day. If we take the maximum of just these 3 that’s 19 hours of your day. Plus side we still have 5 hours right ? Let’s say an hour for eating and an hour for chilling. 3 hours left, An hour for you socials and or exercise. 2 to go, most people probably use it for Netflix, TV or You Tube.

We live in a world where most people use time as an excuse not to do things, or for being too busy. Instead of planning the day and their activities so that you can make the most of every second and value every breath we take.

If we reflect on how we use our time and start to put a side time, for what we enjoy and love the most. Then life becomes more valuable too. Today’s little exercise is to come up with your why? Why are you here? What is your ultimate goal? What do you want to achieve from the coming year?

To help others we must be able to help ourselves, we need to be comfortable and confidant in our own skins. To do this we must become strong in our visions and values. Step 1 -Evaluate your 24 hours, Step 2 -Find your Why?

T3- 5 Minutes to fit, is my new venture. I believe that anyone and everyone can become a better version of themselves. It starts with just 5 minutes a day.

Habits are formed when you do something repeatedly and consistently. There are good habits and bad habits, these are based on opinions, observations, morals, and values.

If I gave you a plan to follow, would you do it ? If I gave you a methodology would that make it easier? If I told you it was free to start would that help?

Watch this space as that’s the plan I’m working on, wish me luck.

I hope you had a wonderful day today, I’ll be back as often as life permits and look forward to sharing more.

Stay Safe,

D x

--

--

Ahmed

Hopefully all will be revealed through my articles